The Money Academy is expanding to offer our programs in more schools throughout Austin. We are looking for new Leaders to deliver our After School programs and Summer Camps.
Here’s what you need to know to get involved:
What Is The Money Academy?
The Money Academy provides programs where kids learn all about money. Can you imagine what your life would be like now if you had learned how money really works at the age of 9? In our flagship program, The Money Academy Summer Camp, kids start and run their own business—and keep the profit! Through real life trial and error experience, kids learn about accountability, teamwork, integrity, business development, business math and much, much more. Kids leave our program saying it was one of the best experiences that they have had.
If you are accepted into our leadership program, you will be trained in a powerful, cutting edge methodology that will alter your experience of working with kids and provide you with valuable experience with money.
Are You Looking For This?
The Money Academy Camp Leader works with approximately 20 young people or teens in developing, testing, and running a successful business during a week long camp. The camp leader sets the kids up with tools and training and then turns the business over entirely to the kids while remaining responsible for our kids’ safety and our relationship with our host.
Are We Looking for You?
The Money Academy Regional Director and Camp Leader is responsible, energetic, causative and inspired by the idea of empowering children. In addition, you…
- are a highly accountable and reliable professional.
- have experience working with children and delivering some kind of curriculum.
- are willing to be trained in another methodology.
- are capable of effectively working with groups of people, operating effectively with a time line, and producing results.
- can manage multiple objectives at one time while still focusing on the big picture.
- are committed to making a difference with kids and open to being trained in a new and cutting edge methodology that may challenge your current understanding about leadership, children and learning.
What It Takes:
1) 1-year or more of experience leading or working with groups of children.
2) Experience managing events or leading from a curriculum.
3) Provide 3 glowing professional references.
4) Be available to lead 4-6 camps (8-5 Monday through Friday) June through August each summer
5) Be available the Sunday afternoon before each camp for a planning meeting
6) Training is provided and includes:
- One day at our Annual Team Leadership Training
- 2.5 days observing at an ongoing camp
- TEA Approved On-line training programs (2-3 hours)
Future Business Opportunity
Money Academy will be expanding to offer our programs in new markets through franchising. As a Camp Leader and Regional Representative, you will be in a unique position to continue conducting business in your market through a franchising license. Building a business of your own, utilizing the expertise and curriculum of Money Academy will give you an opportunity to invest in your own future of financial security.